Tuesday 3 June 2014

Portugal Look Book - Day 2

Daytime

Top - Urban Outfitters
Shorts - Ragged Priest
Sandals - New Look
Sunglasses - Forever 21

Day two! In the morning all of us grabbed a cab to one of Albufeira's gypsy markets. After researching a little the morning before, I came across this market which was not to far away from where we were staying. It was a Tuesday market that took place every fortnight and since this was the only Tuesday that we would be able to visit it, we went. An opening led us to a winding path which had market stalls on either side. There was a lot to see.  Unavoidable to the eye, 'designer' bag stalls were there, with 'too good to be true' prices. My favourite, €10 euros for the latest sold out Chanel handbag. What a bargain! I avoided these stalls and was pleased to find many others that sold traditional Portuguese pottery and ponchos. I found a bowl with a hand painted Portuguese rooster that I bought as a gift for my mum to match her rooster coasters. Here, I also found a table cloth I hoped my granny and granddad would like, also with the Portuguese rooster and in the colours of the Portuguese flag. 

The heat became immensely hot as we hit 13.00. The following days I tended to avoid going outside for too long between 12.00 and 14.00, because of the heat and the dangers it may have on my skin. We grabbed a cab down to the beach where the sea breeze was welcome at this hot hour! After grabbing some lunch, a cinnamon and vanilla ice-cream pancake in my case, a group of us stayed to enjoy the beach a little more. We sat on the beach; oh how I missed the feeling of walking on warm sand and the smell of the salty sea! It was the perfect place to forget about your troubles. A happy couple playing frisbee, others quietly tanning and more swimming in the shallow part of the sea; it was holiday for everyone! 

An exhausting and terribly hot walk home, I drank my weight in water, applied some aftersun and went for a well deserved siesta! 

Evening

Top - Topshop

Trousers - Topshop

Wedged Heels - Jane Norman
Watch - Casio


It was this evening that a group of us first ventured out to 'The Strip', Albufeira's nightlife hotspot. Luckily, it was only a short ten minute walk from the Portuguese villa so there was no need to order a taxi or walk too far. I did not know what to expect, so I wondered if it would be filled with elite night clubs or overcrowded bars. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find a long road of never ended terraces, all slightly different from the other. Sport bars, karaoke bars, and my favourite, cocktail bars! Each presented us with an eager barman or lady persuading us that their bar was far better than all of the others, by enticing us with 'free shots' and 'happy hour prices' just for us! This was to be expected in this essessively touristic attraction. 

Eventually we found a bar which had a large terrace, full people happy to be on holiday, large outdoor heaters and at each table a large colourful cocktail! We each received our free apple sour shot and I ordered a Pina Colada cocktail. One of the BEST Pina Colada cocktail that I have ever had. Countless long straws, a pineapple on the side and sparklers.. what was not to like! We ventured done The Strip for a few more hours, getting to know the place and the sort of people we would meet while there. 

We danced the night away and met four Dutch girls who we had a lot of fun with. At ridiculous o' clock we walked home after the boys grabbed themselves a kebab. As a vegetarian I did not see the appeal, however they seemed to enjoy it! It was lovely to get into bed and exciting to think about what Portugal had in store next! 


This video below is from my YouTube channel! Feel free to take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment